It has been a long time since I’ve made this so I had to ring my bonus-mom for the recipe. Turns out this was something passed along to her via one of her PT patients over 30 years ago! This is one of the fastest and gratifying recipes I have in my quiver. So if you try it out, let me know what you think in the comments below!
Here’s how easy this is:
- 1 can Yellow Beans
- 1 can Green Beans
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- 1 can Garbanzo Beans
- 1/4 cup of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1/2 cup of Virgin Olive Oil
- 2-3 packs of Splenda (or the equivalent in raw sugar)
- Celery Seed – Add to your liking
I hope I don’t lose you here… this gets fairly complex!
Our steps are as follows:
- Start by draining and rinsing all the beans.
- Then put them all into a resealable container.
- Mix in the red wine vinegar, olive oil, splenda and celery seed.
- Give it a good mixing and let it set in the fridge for about an hour before mixing again and serving cold.
Are you still with me?
Good! Because you are done!
Milissa, what is a bonus-mom?
I apologize if you’re not as lucky; but a bonus-mom is the extra credit mom you get when your parents divorce and remarry when you’re too young to realize that you just hit the parent-lottery. More love, more mentoring and more recipes!