As we head into the holidays, the pace has picked up on our new build progress. Now that most of the work has progressed indoors, things are getting more exciting!
On the exterior, they have nearly completed installation of the siding and board and batten work. They have also framed the driveway, walkway, front porch and rear patio for concrete pouring. Remaining is the stone work, paint and lighting. Last to come will be fencing, sod and landscaping.
Inside the home the walls have been textured and door installation has begun. Our floating mantle has been installed and all of the cabinets throughout the home have also been installed as well.
This week, the doors will continue to be installed and millwork and tile work will begin.
Tips for new home builders at this stage:
- Continue to make opportunities to walk through the home. Your builder will likely have you on a schedule at this point forward, but keep the line of communication strong so you can keep an eye on things.
- Continue to keep a list of questions or concerns to discuss with the builder’s project manager (PM).
- Be sure to review your lighting and electrical plan for placement. Follow up on any items that have been previously flagged for fixes.
- If they made any drywall mistakes in the earlier weeks, review to make sure those are fixed correctly and communicate if they still need attention.
- Confirm that your kitchen pendant lights are in the final position for where you want them located.
- Continue to record walk through videos to capture the whole home so you can review it later. You will inevitably find more things in your video and photos that you missed the first time around, but still need to be addressed.
- Walk around the exterior and make notes of anything that looks like it needs attention. You’ll want to ensure everything is addressed before they get to the paining stage if possible.